Product development engineer
EXTREMIS, founded in 1994 by Dirk Wynants, produces and markets design indoor and outdoor furniture internationally. Innovative designs and the development of an international distribution network have earned the company, in addition to dozens of awards, a solid position in the design market. To reinforce the team, we are looking for a PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER.
Within the product development department of Extremis you engineer future designs and optimize existing products. You work out projects technically from a to z; from technical drawing to final production. In this job, no two days are the same. It offers you a wide variety of production techniques, products and materials.
YOUR TASKS INCLUDE
- Conceptualization, problem solving and product development.
- Collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers with whom you share your expertise and insights.
- Using CAD to collect, capture and convert all technical data into tangible designs. In addition to engineering, you also have the necessary focus on administration through the ERP system.
- Maintaining close contact with suppliers.
- Independently looking for out-of-the-box solutions, if necessary using expertise.
- Thanks to your strong project skills, you manage to keep projects on target and on budget and to properly coordinate the various (sub)projects. You always report on time to the person in charge.
- An industrial engineer, or graduate in mechanical engineering or product development.
- You have experience with product development, technical drawing as well as optimization of both complete furniture and specific components.
- You have a strong technical background and excellent logical-abstract and analytical reasoning skills.
- You are a true creative and solution-oriented spirit, you see possibilities everywhere.
- Moreover, you are passionate about design, product development and quality.
- You work in a structured way with attention to the necessary administration.
- Knowledge of Solidworks and the associated PDM package is a plus.
- You speak Dutch and English very well.
- You are a real team player, with an positive and I-can-do-attitude.
WE OFFER YOU
- A full-time, permanent contract
- Competitive remuneration
- Cellphone and subscription
- Meal vouchers
- Group insurance & hospitalization insurance
- Quiet, low-traffic location and increased commuting compensation or company car
- Unique work environment with various amenities (fruit basket, fresh soup in winter, etc.)
- Fun colleagues and team activities
- A workweek of 39 hours with the allocation of 6 compensatory days of rest per year.
Does this sound like a match made in heaven? Send your CV to email@example.com or upload it here. We will contact you as soon as possible!
We don't make furniture, we make tools for togetherness.