Supervisor external logistics
EXTREMIS, based in Proven, produces and markets design furniture internationally since 1994. To support our growth, Extremis is looking for a SUPERVISOR EXTERNAL LOGISTICS (Dutch only) to reinforce the team.
As external logistics manager, you will be assigned a broad range of tasks. You are responsible for incoming and outgoing international transport within Extremis.
In this role, you will work closely with our internal logistics manager and the internal logistics team. You are responsible for checking, optimizing and releasing warehouse shipments; together with the picking team, you plan when containers can be loaded; you calculate transport volumes; you optimize stacking for shipments; etc.
You handle all aspects of managing the fleet and external transporters. For this, you handle all communications and, where necessary, seek out new partners.
In addition, you manage an extensive package of administrative tasks such as organizing customs formalities, certificates of origin, FedEx shipments, etc.
If necessary, our sales department will give you specifications for client transport. You are their point of contact for specific transport requirements, and you are also responsible for handling complaints within your department.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- A constantly varying range of tasks in a dynamically growing SME.
- A high level of independence.
- Day shifts in a 39-hour system (with 6 ADV days).
- Competitive remuneration along with non-statutory benefits, plus various team activities.
- A state-of-the-art company in the world of design, located in a low-traffic environment.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent through experience.
- You are familiar with customs legislation, import taxes, CMRs... and you closely follow the latest logistics trends.
- You work efficiently and to a high standard. Your proactive and critical attitude allows you to analyze and optimize processes.
- You are a true organizer with extensive planning skills.
- You are hands-on and eager to help our organization grow.
- You write and speak fluent Dutch, and can also express yourself in English.
- You have several years of relevant experience or training within the supply chain.
Are you looking for a new challenge in logistics? Then send us your CV at email@example.com - we will get back to you as soon as possible!
We don't make furniture, we make tools for togetherness.