EXTREMIS, based in Proven, produces and markets design furniture internationally since 1994. To support our growth, Extremis is looking for a TECHNICAL PURCHASER to reinforce the team.
WHAT DOES A DAY AS A TECHNICAL BUYER LOOK LIKE?
As a buyer, you are prepared to immerse yourself fully in our technical range. You will strengthen a team of two other buyers and take the lead in the ongoing roll-out of our dual sourcing strategy. In doing so, you will be responsible for analysing the current situation in terms of both sourcing and outsourcing, and you will take action to achieve our coordinated purchasing objectives. You will also act as category manager in this position.
As a hands-on buyer, you will negotiate prices, delivery terms & payment conditions. You will also place the actual orders and closely monitor delivery deadlines. You will be responsible for proper follow-up of supplier performance and keep a close eye on the agreed SLAs.
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
An exciting and challenging job within a dynamic and internationally expanding company culture. A business characterised by innovation, functionality and an all-round commitment to quality. You will be given substantial independence in an environment where your own input is strongly encouraged & valued. We provide opportunities for further development and are happy to support you with the necessary training.
A competitive salary, plus non-statutory benefits including:
- Hospital and group insurance
- Luncheon vouchers
- Mobile phone
- Company vehicle
- Various company activities
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master's degree. Experience in a similar technical purchasing function is an advantage.
- You have a broad knowledge of materials and good technical insight into the quality of a wide range of products.
- You have a broad international network, which can help you spot new suppliers and opportunities.
- You like to maintain close contact with suppliers and you are not afraid of frequent travel.
- You have the necessary commercial skills for this role and take the lead in negotiations with the other parties.
- You feel your best in an SME environment, where your entrepreneurial skills can come to the fore.
Looking forward to a new professional challenge? Send us your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org We will contact you as soon as possible!
We don't make furniture, we make tools for togetherness.