Refurbishing Kosmos shade fabric
Very rarely (+/- 50 min)
Shit happens. Sometimes the fabric of your umbrella rips, gets stains, or maybe you just want to change the color.
Hey! You don’t need to be an engineer to understand our products, and you don’t even need to be great at DIY to replace a part. We're here to help you, follow the steps below to replace the fabric of your Kosmos shade.
- Close the Kosmos shade
- Unscrew the light bulb
And unplug the cable
- Unscrew the bolts and tenax screws on top of the fabric
- Unfasten the velcro from the horizontal pole
- Pull the fabric from the frame
- Wash your hands
- Open the new fabric on a clean surface
With the velcro facing upwards
- Pull the fabric over the support ribs
Make sure that the velcro is directed upwards under the middle pole
First pull the fabric over the second rib
- Continue with the rest of the ribs
- Pull the entire fabric over the ribs
- Hold up the excess fabric to prevent ripping
And tighten the fabric around the ribs
- Open the shade
And direct the shade so that the velcro aligns with the pole
- Test if the magnets close nicely
- Now attach the velcro over the entire length
- Open the shade partially
Make sure that the fabric is flat near the center mechanism
- Poke a hole in the fabric near the crown
- Match the hole with the one in the support rib
- Caution! Make sure that the fabric loop is nicely in front of the rib!
- Attach the fabric with the bolt and saddle ring
- Poke a hole in the fabric at the ends
Match the hole with the one in the support rib
Caution! Make sure that the fabric loop is nicely in front of the rib!
- Attach the fabric with the tenax screws
- Open up the shade completely
- Put the lightbulb back
Enjoy the shade!
These are the tools you need
- New shade
- Hex key #4
- Spanner #9
- A friend
Our maintenance tools
It's a kind of magic
Although highly resistant to UV radiation, slight discoloration will appear over time. Protect your shade to the fullest with the cover and regularly clean the stainless steel poles to keep them stain-less.
We offer a fine selection of maintenance tools that help you keep your Extremis furniture in shape in our webshop.
Need more guidance on how to take care of your tool for togetherness?