Refurbishing a Pantagruel bench slat
Very rarely (+/- 20 min)
Make sure that the damage can't be repaired by simply sanding the wood. If that’s not possible, follow the steps below to replace a tabletop segment at the Pantagruel picnic table.
Follow the instructions below or in the video above
- Take out the damaged slat
- Place the new slat, nicely centered, where the old slat was
- Mark the drilling holes on the slat with a pencil, through the recesses underneath the metal frame
- Put a piece of tape on the drill at 15 mm from the tip
This will indicate how deep you can drill
- Drill the penciled holes 15 mm deep
- Put the slat on the frame and screw it on with torque setting 7
Caution! Don't tighten it too much, the screw should hug the frame softly
You are ready to receive guests around your Pantagruel.
There may be a color difference with other planks, but this will fade over time when the furniture is outdoors.
These are the tools you need
- New bench slat
- New screws
- Electric screwdriver with Phillips bit
- Drill with a diameter of 3 mm