Refurbishing a Hopper plank
Very rarely (+/- 15 min)
Shit happens. Sometimes a wooden plank breaks, dies or goes south.
Hey! You don’t need to be an engineer to understand our products and you don’t even need to be great at DIY to replace a part. Do make sure that the damage can't be repaired by simply sanding the wood. If that’s not possible, we're here to help you replace a bench plank or tabletop plank of the Hopper picnic table.
Follow the instructions below or in video above
- Unscrew the damaged slat.
Never remove more than one part at a time.
- Replace it with the new slat.
Note the spacing between parts and lay the replacement part in place.
- Clamp the slat to the frame.
Caution! Add a piece of cardboard to prevent scratching
- Put a piece of tape on the drill at 15 mm from the tip. This will indicate how deep you can drill
- Drill the holes 15 mm deep with a 3 mm diameter drill bit.
- Screw in the new screws
Caution! Don't tighten it too much, the screw should hug the frame softly
And you’re ready to go! There may be a color difference with other slats, but this will fade over time if the furniture is outdoors.
These are the tools you need
- New plank
- Electric screwdriver
- Drill with a diameter of 3 mm
- New screws
- Two clamps
- Two pieces of cardboard