Refurbishing a Pontsūn
Very rarely (+/- 25 min)
Shit happens. Sometimes a wooden plank breaks, dies or goes south.
Hey! You don’t need to be an engineer to understand our products, and you don’t even need to be great at DIY to replace a part. Do make sure that the damage can't be repaired by simply sanding the wood. If that’s not possible, we're here to help you replace a tabletop plank of the Pontsūn table.
Follow the instructions below or in the video above
- Take out the damaged plank
- Place the new plank where the old one was
- Place the two hex keys between the planks & press the new plank against the drills
- Fix the slat with two clams
- Add a piece of cardboard to prevent scratching
- Put a piece of tape on the drill at 20 mm from the tip. This will indicate how deep you can drill
- Drill the holes 20 mm deep
- Screw in the new screws
- Caution! Don't tighten it too much, the screw should hug the frame softly
Enjoy your renewed table! There may be a color difference with other planks, but this will fade over time when the furniture is outdoors.
These are the tools you need
- New table plank
- Electric screwdriver
- Drill with diameter 2 mm
- Two hex keys with a diameter of 3 mm
- Two clams
- Two pieces of cardboard
Our maintenance tools
It's a kind of magic
Wood gradually becomes rougher and starts to turn gray as a consequence of exposure to the sun and rain. We strongly advise treating your Anker with our Wood Protector to keep the planks stable and to keep stains from penetrating the wood. It is best to repeat this treatment yearly.
We offer a fine selection of maintenance tools that help you keep your Extremis furniture in shape in our webshop.
Need more guidance on how to take care of your tool for togetherness?